EP Conveyor Belt
- The carcass consists of Terylene fabric in warp and Polyamide in weft.
- High tensile strength, good resistance to fatigue, low elongation rate in warp, good through-forming ability in weft, etc.
- Suitable for high humity applications and exhibit good water resistance, stable tensile strength with no mildew growth under wet/humid conditions. EP belts also exhibit a high modulus at start up with good dimensional stability and smoother running.
- EP belts also offer good impact and tear resistant properties owning to the addtion of reinforced ply in its latitude carcass constructions.
- Manufactured by forming and vulcanizing.
- Widely used for medium and long distance, heavy loading, high speed, severe corrosion conveying applications.
- Anti-impact and tear resistant belts are suitable for applications where large materials with relative density up to 2.5g/cm3 to be loaded and with a falling head of more than 1m.
Types by Applications: Including general purpose conveyor belts, oil resistant, acid and alkali resistant, cold resistant, anti-static, flame retardant and abrasion resistant belt.
Types by Structure: Aside from the laminated structure, there’s anti-impact and tear resistant belt with reinforced ply weft.
Standard: In accordance to ISO/FDIS 14890:1999
Performance at Overall Thickness
|Nominal Tensile Strength
at Overall Thickness
at Rated Stress
Performance of Cover Rubber (for General Applications)
|Cover Grade||Tensile Strength||Elongation at Break
(mm³ ) ≤
|Change Rate of Tensile
Strength & Elongation
after Aging (%)
|(MPa) ≥||(Kg/c㎡) ≥|
|Ordinary Applications (L)||15.0||150.0||350||200||-25 ~ +25|
|Abrasion Resistant (D)||18.0||180.0||400||100||-25 ~ +25|
|Extreme Tear Resistant (H)||24.0||240.0||450||120||-25 ~ +25|
|When cover rubber thickness ranging from 0.8~1.60mm, it allows 15% tolerance of tensile strength.
Aging Test: 70℃×168h.
Note: The cover rubber performance for other belt type like oil resistant, acid and alkali resistant, cold resistant and
anti-static belt, please refer to the corresponding belt introduction.
Adhesion Ply to Ply
|Item||Canvas Ply to
|Cover to Canvas Ply|
|Cover Thickness 0.8-1.5mm||Cover Thickness >1.5mm|
|Average Value of Samples (N/mm) ≥||3.0||2.1||2.7|
|Minimum Value of Samples (N/mm) ≥||2.7||1.6||2.2|
|The peak value of all samples are less than 20 N/mm.|